Areas We cover
Scallywags Pre-school follow the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum. The Curriculum areas are:-
- Personal, Socal and Emotional Development - Making relationships - Self confidence and self awareness - Managing feelings and behaviour
- Communication and Language - Listening and attention - Understanding- Speaking
- Physical Development - Moving and handling - Health and self-care
- Literacy - Reading - Writing
- Mathematics - Numbers - Shape, space, and measure
- Understanding the World - People an communities - The World - Technology
- Expressive Arts and Design - Exploring and using media and materials - Being imaginiaive
- Every child is Unique child, who is constantly learning and can be reslilient, compable, confident and self-assure
- Children learn to be strong and independent through Positive Relationships
- Children lean and develop well in Enabling Environments with Teaching and Support from Adults, who respond to their individual interests and needs and help them to build their learning over time. Children benefit from a strong partnership between practitioners and parents and/or carers.
- Importance of Learning and Development. Children develop and learn at different rates. The Framework covers the education and care of all children in early years provision, including children with special educational needs and disabilities ( SEND)
The EYFS Framework seeks to provide
- Quality and Consistancy in all early years settings, so that every child makes good progress and no child gets left behind
- A Secure Foundation through planning for the learning and development of each individual child, and assessing and reviewing what they have learned regularly.
- Partnership Working between practitioners and with parents and/ or carers
- Equality of Opportunity and anti- discriminatory practice, ensuring that every child is included and supported.
Safeguarding - Children and promoting their welfare